With this ongoing pandemic, you might be looking for some activities to help break up your days, so I am going to share some more random activities besides the regularly programmed ones I planned for the kids. Since we are getting close to Easter, I have been finding lots of egg activities to do with the kids. Maybe you will find some inspiration. It helps, even if the activities are short, to make the day a bit more exciting.
To start out the year with my first post, it actually has no food in it. But, we need to warm our way up to that, I guess. I had some different activities I did with the Fudgelet during the Fall, and I want to make sure I share them for me to remember and maybe for anyone else interested.
As I write this, I am freaking out a bit. Today we took you to your preschool orientation. In a few days you will start preschool for real. While we sat at the orientation, I started to panic that I had chosen the wrong school.
- It seemed too crazy as we went in with all of the other families there.
- The bathroom is a public one and you get scared of how loud they flush…now you will have to flush them on your own.
- You just wanted to play solo and K mentioned that a Montessori school might have been a better fit after all (I still don’t think so but this gave me doubts too).
- They “hope” to teach you to read 25 words but you can already read every word in the room and more.
- Will you learn anything?
- Will you be safe?
- Are the teachers going to look out for you?
- Are you going to miss me?
- How will I make sure to get you on time when pick-up is during his usual nap and if I’m even a minute late you might worry?
And then I started to realize that my fears had nothing to do with the specific school. I mean, they do, but I would come up with any fears for your first time away from me. You will be with people I barely know and I won’t know what is happening while you are gone. The first day I might not cry, but I will likely be in a state of panic the whole time.
What do I hope for you with school?
- You will have fun.
- You will learn academics but also common sense and social skills, too.
- You and I will learn to be okay being separated for lengths of time.
- You will be excited to go.
- You will make friends.
- You will like your teachers, but still think I’m ok.
- You will be excited for Kindergarten.
- You will not be bored but will find everything interesting.
- You will not be the perfect student, but will try hard and mostly follow directions.
- You will be safe.
- You will listen and absorb, but also remember and follow what we teach you at home.
This will post on the day you have your first field trip. It is also the day I need to bring in snacks for the class. I did that on purpose, to help remind myself, haha. I think I will be there for your field trip, so we shall see how it goes. And by then, we will hopefully be following our new routine of school days and days off without as much panic.
Happy Start of School! Your life will be changing so much and you are now out in the world. I hope the world isn’t too hard on you but that you learn some good lessons along the way.
And here with are with another batch of lowercase letters to enjoy. As you can see, I stopped taking as many progress pictures…and often forgot to take pictures each day of the letters. So, some are group shots. Buying the googly eyes was a great investment. As you can see, eyes were added to just about everything. Easy for mom, fun for son.