How has it been so many months since the last one of these? I guess I’ve been cooking my favorites instead of acquiring a list. The other funny thing is I’ve been more interested in savory dishes than desserts. But I will also admit that I’ve been making lots of old favorites over and over, or making slight changes to them instead.
Today’s links are all recipes I have made versions of and I am still interested in these because of the reasons I list below.
The Fudgelet has grown in so many ways over this school year! Stay tuned for more about him next month when I write about his next birthday.
The Chiplet is really into snuggling his monkey stuffed animal. He gets to have him in his bed, and requests him other times, too.
- After seeing cashew butter/cream as a dairy replacement for lots of recipes, I need to get my hands on some cashews and make some recipes like this popsicle one.
- This recipe is not exactly new to me. My mother-in-law makes a version of this tomato and egg dish and we never quite match her quality. We don’t usually see it on Chinese restaurant menus but it is good and perfect at any meal of the day.
- Chocolate muffins are on my blog and I like the ones on here, but I am always interested in chocolate recipes, so I am interested in this other recipe for them.
- Again, this is another recipe that I have made a version of but I would like to try this seasoning combination for rotisserie-style chicken.
- Obviously I have made many chocolate cakes before, and this isn’t one specific recipe but a collection of ones I would like to try.
As I write this, I have no working oven. I had someone come yesterday…and all they did was damage the screws that held the oven into the wall. So then I had to have a different person tackle the screws so that tomorrow the first person can come back and hopefully repair the oven. Because I really do miss it. I’ve been terribly sick all week with a cold and am finally getting better, which means I am finally up to more cooking. Like cakes. I luckily had some cake because I made it shortly before my cold and I couldn’t taste anything so just saved it. But I am running low and I also want to use the oven for other things, like dinner. I have a stove, a microwave, and a toaster, so I am not entirely without appliances, but the oven is making me sad. Fingers crossed it gets repaired, otherwise I will have to wait much longer if it needs to get replaced. In the meantime, I am sharing some recipes I wish I could make.
It’s time to check in on a Friday with some links and pictures. How are my Friday fans? What have you been cooking? It’s summer time, so the grill has been on for awhile now. I’ve even grilled on chilly days because sometimes I just really want grilled food. Last summer I tried fancier recipes, but this summer I’ve been sticking more with the basics, like hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, marinated chicken, and fish. There is enough other stuff going on (ahem, baby Chiplet) that I try not to be too fussy. I look at the grill as a fast way to get a meal going. It takes about as long as the oven to preheat but cooks the food faster, most of the time.
We are in the stage of baby-time when I have lots of recipes I want to make but not much time to make them since the baby is a bit picky with his sleep. So, read ahead to see some food I would like to make as well as some pictures of my two non-napping sons.
Let me preface this by saying I am writing this before the Chiplet has arrived, and you should realize that his pictures aren’t here only because he isn’t here yet while I am writing this. I will also have to figure out how to make a different header for him since I don’t even remember how I made the one for the Fudgelet–oops!
I haven’t shared any favorites for awhile, and it’s about time I do…to be honest, I’ve been a bit busy the last few months and haven’t had much internet browsing time. The only browsing has been to make some food for dinner that week, and that’s it. I will admit that I’ve been following lots of makeup videos and pages though, so that has stolen some of my time. I can’t help it; I am attracted to pretty things in all forms.