Are you confused? Well, I came across this activity for making apple pie cloud dough which sounded neat, but I didn’t have apple pie spice on hand. What I did have was pumpkin pie spice.
So, I decided to make a smaller batch with pumpkin pie spice, and then it inspired me to cook zucchini with it for dinner. Both turned out great, so keep reading for both!
Posted in Fudgelet, Quick, Side Dish, Topic-Changing-Thursdays, Vegetables
- Tagged activity, cloud dough, craft, easy, fast, fudgelet, fudging ahead, fudgingahead, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie spice, quick, toddler, toddler activity, zucchini
Awhile back I realized that the Fudgelet and I hadn’t made any crafts recently. With such nice weather outside, we had been spending our afternoons playing with chalk/bubbles/sand/etc. Not that any of that is bad, but the Fudgelet himself mentioned that he wanted to do some crafts, specifically related to animals. So, we looked on Pinterest and bookmarked a bunch that looked cute. The day came when he said he wanted to make something and he wanted it to involve painting. He picked an elephant craft we saw where you make elephants out of your kid’s hands. But here was the problem…there were no directions and the picture was really small. So, I needed to improvise.
Posted in Baby, Fudgelet
- Tagged craft, elephant, elephants, fudgelet, fudgelet adventures, fudging ahead, fudgingahead, hand, paint, toddler craft
The Fudgelet knows his uppercase letters pretty easily, and even does things like finding them in random shapes/lines (he found a W shape with our sliding doors) and making them (with his food, with his arms/hands, etc.).
Here he is painting and you can see the “T” he made and was proud of.
Posted in Baby, Fudgelet, Topic-Changing-Thursdays
- Tagged abc, ABCs, alphabet, Cookie monster, craft, fudgelet, fudgelet adventures, fudging ahead, fudgingahead, learning, lowercase letters, toddler, toddler activity, toddler craft, toddler crafts
Some people get upset with Pinterest-style crafts or activities, and some people praise them. Some people really don’t care at all. I feel like you do what you want to do. Occasionally, I have time (and interest) in being crafty. I’m not very good compared to friends of mine, but I do what I want, and that makes me happy. Currently, my crafting tends to be related to the Fudgelet, so hopefully it makes him happy. Last year, I had fun making him and his friends fancy pumpkins.
This year, I worked on a craft that he could play with.
Posted in Baby, Chatter, Fudgelet, Topic-Changing-Thursdays
- Tagged Autumn, craft, crafty, fall, felt, fudgelet, fudging ahead, fudgingahead, Halloween, topic changing, topic-changing Thursdays
Growing up, carving pumpkins meant that I did pick out a pumpkin I liked at the patch (after riding on a hayride), and then drew a face on it with a marker. I was also responsible for cleaning out my own pumpkin guts. My dad would do the actual carving. I didn’t even know about the stencils/etc. that people use. We just did the basic triangle eyes, nose, and sharp teeth. Apparently there is a whole world of pumpkin design out there.
Posted in Baby, Chatter, Fudgelet
- Tagged baby pumpkin, craft, decorating, fudgelet, fudging ahead, fudgingahead, gold, Halloween, pumpkins, spraypaint