Our second to last every other month update for the Chiplet because we have his 2 year update and that’s it for half a year. Speaking of, I am done doing updates for the Fudgelet on here. I might still post some pictures if we do activities/baking/etc. but none of the “he learned how to…” since we are kind of past that.
This year we spent an extra amount of time in Maryland for the summer. There was a happy coincidence of my brother visiting with his family for a short bit followed by K’s cousin getting married, so we were able to stay for almost 3 weeks to bring the dates together. Basically, we had one week with seeing my brother’s family and other friends, then K went for almost a week to Portugal for the destination wedding while I took the kids with my dad and M to the beach, and then there was about a week after he got back when we let him get over jetlag while we said our final goodbyes to people for the summer.
If you want to, feel free to go back in time a bit…whether it is 1 year ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago, or 4 years ago. Because now, we are at 5 years old! I do believe it a bit more, especially comparing the Fudgelet to the Chiplet. Sometimes I look at him and it’s a feeling of “whoa you really look so much older” and it is exciting that he is a kid and not a toddler or baby anymore.
My last update felt a bit harsh on the Chiplet. Maybe it wasn’t, but I want to make sure I offer up all of the good things he can do now, too, besides the not awesome (sleep, throwing food, etc.).
Today’s links are all recipes I have made versions of and I am still interested in these because of the reasons I list below.
The Fudgelet has grown in so many ways over this school year! Stay tuned for more about him next month when I write about his next birthday.
The Chiplet is really into snuggling his monkey stuffed animal. He gets to have him in his bed, and requests him other times, too.
- After seeing cashew butter/cream as a dairy replacement for lots of recipes, I need to get my hands on some cashews and make some recipes like this popsicle one.
- This recipe is not exactly new to me. My mother-in-law makes a version of this tomato and egg dish and we never quite match her quality. We don’t usually see it on Chinese restaurant menus but it is good and perfect at any meal of the day.
- Chocolate muffins are on my blog and I like the ones on here, but I am always interested in chocolate recipes, so I am interested in this other recipe for them.
- Again, this is another recipe that I have made a version of but I would like to try this seasoning combination for rotisserie-style chicken.
- Obviously I have made many chocolate cakes before, and this isn’t one specific recipe but a collection of ones I would like to try.
Hello hello. It is time to update you on the last 2 months with the Chiplet! He has still been causing quite the stir here. Sometimes he is super sweet and snuggly, and other times he is throwing food and heavy objects. So, you know, all the fun parts of a toddler. He still causes just as much worry as when he was a baby, if not more. I read a post the other day that newborns are the best and it only gets worse. I don’t know if I agree with that completely but I do feel that there are ups and downs with all of the ages. I do like that he can express himself even if I don’t always understand him completely.