Nothing too crazy here today. Just ice cream without cream. Now, this isn’t ice cream that will completely fool you into thinking it is normal ice cream. And I would still like to try other options in the future with coconut milk, but this was a great first attempt. The Fudgelet and Chiplet were both big fans.
Unfortunately I didn’t take many pictures because I wasn’t sure it would work.
- Start with the same base of the C and C recipe by doing the milk/cream and sugar but substitute almond milk for the milk and a vegan heavy cream (I used one that is soy/pea protein based).
- Continue with the vanilla bean and egg yolks.
- For a slight deviation, I took some marshmallows and broiled them like with the toasted marshmallow recipe.
- Remove the vanilla bean and take the base custard and put it in a blender with the marshmallows and blend until smooth.
- Chill the mixture for a few hours or overnight.
- Churn the ice cream as normal, adding some Oreos as described in the Cookies and Cream recipe. I added more to help with the flavor.