I wanted to take a little trip away from my usual chatter to remind myself that I have been writing on this blog for 5 years now. Today is the anniversary and it is amazing. It both feels like I have been doing this longer, and like it has gone quickly. The other day, I was making a soufflé and had to pull it up on my blog to follow the recipe. I couldn’t believe when I saw it was 4 years ago. It feels like I was just learning how to make some of these dishes, just starting to work on plating things a bit nicer, just writing them all down…and of course I am learning new things all of the time. Maybe that’s why it still feels new? As long as you are always doing more and extending yourself, can you really get bored or feel like it’s old?
And maybe that’s the secret to keeping everything interesting: always doing new things, learning new things, and exploring new things. K and I are always learning new things about each other. Yes, we’ve been together for over 9 years now, but I still have more to learn about him. It’s exciting! Yes, I’ve been a mom for over 2.5 years now, but it’s still exciting when each day is a little different and the Fudgelet does new things constantly.
In the spirit of new things, I am trying to think of what new things I want to do for my blog…
- The obvious: continue finding new recipes to share.
- Work on crafts a bit more, particularly related to the Fudgelet. He and I both enjoy doing them, and I get many ideas from other blogs, so other people might enjoy seeing it on here, too.
- Maybe adding new series to the blog? Or adding more to existing ones? I start some, but have trouble remembering to maintain them.
- Cook from my recipe binders more this year. I have tons of clipped magazine recipes that have never been made. Some were saved over a decade ago! It is time to try them out or toss them (I’ve already tossed some that just don’t look appealing anymore.)
- Updating pictures…I try to do this occasionally when I remake an older recipe. If I notice that the pictures weren’t great, I try to remember to take new ones and edit the original post. I might also consider updating my header and/or background picture. The background is the same picture since I started the blog…but every time I’ve thought of changing it, I haven’t been able to think of a good replacement picture.
- I was also thinking about adding some sort of index other than the side panel. But that might be more involved than I have time for–haha.
If you have any thoughts, feel free to share. Thank you for joining me on here and I hope you enjoy your visit!