You know me and chocolate peanut butter treats…we go together like, well, chocolate and peanut butter. So, I wanted to make this skillet cookie from Gimme Some Oven. I ended up making it for a friend’s birthday when we also had a playdate. I left it with her since, you know, it was for her birthday, but I did get to taste it and it was great. Then I made a version without the cocoa powder and it was still good, but less soft and more of a crunchier/shortbread texture. Still good, and less rich tasting. Then I made the chocolate version again, but again to share with friends…one of these days I will make it for us when I can take a picture of a slice…but not today.
Either way you make this, it is easy and fast.
You can swap in different mix-ins and change the amounts too. That part doesn’t matter as much and allows you to be creative. Have fun with your favorite flavor combinations!
Directions for Skillet Cookie, Two Ways
Slightly adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus 1/3 cup if not doing cocoa powder)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder (omit if not doing the chocolate version)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped Reeses cups (optional)