It has been WAY too long since I did one of these posts. Almost 3 months! Ouch. I kept thinking I had some on the schedule, but apparently not. I’ve also been trying to keep up with all of the new recipes I’ve been making, but still falling behind on that, too. I just can’t get ahead, and I guess that’s okay. At least I have managed to keep blogging for over 2 years post baby. That makes me proud.
Speaking of the Fudgelet…He Who is No Longer a Baby…he has been loving outside this year. I mean, he liked it alright last year, but this year, it is pretty much all we do in the afternoons. When he wakes up from his nap (if he naps), that is all he wants to do. One thing K helped make for him is a table that allows us to do more activities outside. Check it out…
There is a bin that we can remove. Anything can go in it…sand, water, etc. And we can cover it with the lid, put everything back in it…even take apart the table and store it in the “off-season”. It’s a great little DIY. The Fudgelet loves “cooking” with the water. He will use the measuring cups and whisk and say he is adding sugar, then stir it all up.
- I am a sucker for copycat recipes. I don’t know if I’ve even had the original treat, but it doesn’t matter. It still makes me want to try it, especially after seeing the ingredients and the process. It seems fairly straightfoward…I’ve just been looking for the time since there is a specific (longish) wait time of 40 minutes involved.
- My dad was thinking of fruit desserts, and I thought this peach pie looked yummy. But, he doesn’t like peach desserts. So, nevermind, Dad! Maybe for K?
- This ice cream seemed like it must be weird. But then it turned out to be a chocolate ice cream. I thought it was some sort of sesame recipe, which actually sounds tasty.
- Somehow this list turned into all desserts all the time. Odd. (haha) I know it is almost the end of summer, but if you haven’t made any popsicles yet, here are some ideas.
- This cheesecake looks so pretty. We love Oreo-inspired treats, but I think I would have to swap in something for the Cool Whip. Even before I stopped using brownie mix, I stopped with Cool Whip. I don’t care for the taste that much, and I didn’t like the long list of random ingredients. And, it gives me a chance to make this homemade Cool Whip recipe!