Oh, Fudgelet. You have come so far in a year. Last year, you weren’t talking, just babbling. This year, I can ask you questions and get several word answers. In 15 years from now, you might use fewer words to answer me than you do now (haha). Last year, I had a big party planned. This year…well, it is a month out from when I am starting this post and I have to say that there is no party planned. We might do a summer party and celebrate yours and K’s birthdays, we might have a fancy playdate with our friends…but I’m not sure. I keep waiting for a day when I can sit down and plan that out. Right now, I haven’t even had time to get some chores done. You know, because you have decided to give me 2 no-nap-days this week. Yeesh. You’re sick, so that explains one of them. The other one? I don’t know. We were both so tired that day.
Thankfully, you are super cute. That part hasn’t changed. In fact, I think you might be even cuter now.
Quick party interlude…yes, there was a party, and yes I made you some fancy cake…
Anyway, let’s do a quick rundown of the new stuff from this year…
- You feed yourself with utensils…a bit. We’re working on it, but you do like to try it and do it.
- Speaking of, you are more independent and wanting to help with everything. You like to help me cook, pick out your clothes, put laundry away, etc.
- You’ve grown over 3 inches this year, gained about 5 pounds, and your head has gotten a smidge bigger, but thankfully is only a couple sizes bigger than your clothes now.
- You’ve been busy learning colors, numbers, and letters. You also love singing songs now that you’re able to learn the words to them. It’s really cute to be serenaded by you.
- You started the year by walking a bit, and now are running, spinning, and dancing. You like saying “yeah, man” for dancing, just like the artist Usher does in his songs.
- You understand emotions like “happy”, “sad”, and “tired”. You will often say “Made Mommy sad” when you do something that you know I don’t like.
- You love going outside to play, but also enjoy shopping with me at the different stores. You even know your favorite places and run right for them when we enter stores.
- You have had multiple haircuts, including your first 2 professional ones. I still love your curls when your hair is long, though.
- You like being snuggly with your parents, but also your friends. I sometimes have to tell you to stop hugging your friends so that they can play.
- You have so many toys you play with these days. I like that many of them are small, which made packing for our trip to Maryland much easier. You are also more easily entertained…although you are also more emotional and can get sad easily when you are hungry or tired.