We are getting close to Father’s Day. K said he didn’t want anything. No big fuss, etc. His family was never big on celebrating holidays, so celebrating the smaller ones like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day seems weird for him. I get it. I do. But he still doesn’t fully get that I like celebrating him. So, while I won’t do anything big, because after all, he has a birthday next month I need to do more preparing for…and the Fudgelet does, too…omg, I can’t keep up with this…I still plan on doing a little something. Some small ways to say thanks for being a good dad. For working a stressful job with looooong hours, but still finding smiles for your family. For creating new ways of playing with old toys. For cooking dinner. For doing the dishes even on nights when you made dinner. For Sunday drives when the Fudgelet falls asleep 5 minutes from home, and you don’t want to risk waking him or ruining his nap. For providing half of the cuteness of the Fudgelet. For taking him in the morning after a rough night so that I can get a little more sleep. For many things. So, today’s links are potential ideas for K. So, K, you can peek at these and let me know if you have a favorite, or you can be surprised. You’ve been warned. 😉
1. K loves strawberry desserts. This isn’t a dessert, but a healthy breakfast option. It has a dessert feel to it, though, and I think he would like having a quick and easy breakfast option. I’m thinking this could work for a week as a nice treat.
2. Another treat K loves is coffee-flavored items. Speaking of dads, I can keep straight what K and my dad like because they are opposites for their food likes (in general). My dad loves to drink coffee, but doesn’t like coffee-flavored items. K loves mint and chocolate, but less in love with peanut butter and chocolate. My dad hates mint and chocolate, but loves peanut butter and chocolate. So, this would be a cake that K would be all about. Dad, I would make you a regular chocolate one. 😉
3. This recipe sounds fun, but also a bit labor-intensive. So, I likely won’t be making it this year. Maybe when the Fudgelet is older or when he naps better–ha! Both K and I like Butterfingers, and I think it would be fun to make a dark chocolate version.
4. I needed to include an egg recipe on here, if this was going to be a list for K. He loves eggs, and this is an easy on the go breakfast I could make for him.
5. And to finish with another favorite for K, here is an Oreo recipe with Oreo love throughout the cupcake, frosting, and topping. I might like to jazz it up a bit more…not sure how, but put my own spin on it somehow. If I make it, I’ll let you know!
Are there certain recipes or foods that remind you of important people in your life? I sort all of my bookmarks by type of food, but some of them are catered to people. Like my fruit dessert folder? All for K.