Continuing the Friday Favorites series today with some more fun links. The Fudgelet has been sleeping in all sorts of weird ways this past month. He has gone from crazy hourly awakenings at night, to not wanting to nap…or if he did, for something ridiculous like 11 minutes (does that even count!?)…or even more ridiculous, a 2.5 hour nap!? It has been hard to figure him out. During these odd times, I have been on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to pass the time while I wait for him to make up his mind–sleep? Yes? No? While I have been on my phone, I can’t bookmark my favorite recipes I see, so I have been emailing them to myself with the subject line “save” so that I can find them later. And it also lets me share them with you! I also feel bad that I can’t easily comment on my phone with different posts, so here is a chance to share some praise.
Back to the Fudgelet….
You might think that being near him would help calm him for sleep, but recently it has led to a new behavior. A new behavior that does not lead to sleep, and brings me to this week’s Fudgelet picture.
Yep. The little guy has decided that it is more fun to roll onto his stomach and look out, rather than sleep. The only problem is, he doesn’t seem to remember how to roll back the other way. So, he will cry because he is “stuck”. But in the meantime, he will laugh heartily that he has rolled onto his stomach. I will roll him back over, then he pops right back up again. Since his head is so large, he can even push himself up so that he can see over the top. That is quite hilarious, in his opinion.
- We have had lots of sunshine, which is unusual for winter in Seattle, but it still makes me want more. This drink seems like a great way to have a bit more brightness in my life.
- This is something I would have to save for a special occasion…or at least for a time when the Fudgelet gives me more time back in the kitchen. It’s a splurge with creme fraiche, heavy cream, and cheese, but sounds delicious.
- We love our ice cream in this house, and K especially loves coffee ice cream. This is a version that doesn’t require eggs or churning…I am intrigued!
- Since each Friday post has included a chocolate and peanut butter recipe, I see no reason why this week should be any different. I have a favorite brownie recipe, but this one sounds good, too, and I love the frosting!
- Speaking of chocolate with other goodies, these cupcakes sound right up K’s alley. You could even leave off the fancy decorating if time is short. I’m pretty sure the flavors will still be delicious…chocolate with strawberry frosting inside? And ganache on top!?
That’s all for this week…stay tuned for another Friday Favorites post…maybe next week? In the meantime, enjoy your weekend!