Today’s recipe is super simple, but super appropriate for a hot time of the year. You don’t have to spend much time putting it together, and it is refreshing. This salad pairs with the Chicken Souvlaki from last week. If you don’t want to make the chicken, you could easily make less of the marinade (dressing) from that recipe, then just use it in this.
Other side dishes for the chicken dish could include (re)heating some mashed potatoes stirred into caramelized onions.
Traditionally you would serve this with pita bread, which I did for the leftovers. We liked it both ways!
Directions for Tomato, Cucumber, and Feta Salad
Adapted from Serious Eats
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut in half, then sliced to form half-moons
- About 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Reserved dressing from chicken marinade
Stir together all of the above ingredients. Serve!